(Posted 10 May 2021)
Positions Vacant: Veterinary Technician
Established from 2003, 9Lives started from a Feline-Only-Hospital in Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong. From 2019, we have further enlarged our coverage to Felines & Canines with the new setting up practice 9Lives Veterinary Emergency Centre (VEC) with the 24x7 Emergency Service in Hau Wo Street, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong.
Both hospitals are fully equipped with a full range of diagnostic equipment including high level of Ultrasound and X-ray. CT scan was in service at VEC in Dec 2020. Our veterinarians and veterinary nurses are highly trained to provide the best services and care to the pets and the pet owners.
To cope with our expansion, we are looking for suitable candidate to fill in the following positions.
- Attend to the daily caretaking needs of the animals under their care, such as feeding, walking, and providing water and clean bedding.
- Clean and disinfect animal cages, exam rooms, and treatment areas.
- Maintain surgical equipment, sterilize surgical instruments, and assist the veterinarian as needed in surgery (such as patient preparation and monitoring)
- Administer medications to patients.
- Properly restrain patients for blood/urine collection and tissue sampling for testing.
- Perform laboratory tests such as urinalysis setup, operation of automated IDEXX blood machines, fecal exams.
- Maintain patient charts that document daily care.
- Perform medical imaging such as X-ray, Ultrasound, CT scan.
- Basic salary of HK$23,000 to HK$25,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- 13-month salary
- 4 days work per week (Includes Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
- 48 hours per week
- 12 days statutory holidays
- 10 days annual leave
- Commission Base
- Attendance Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Overtime Compensation
- Medical Insurance
- Staff Discount
- Special festival allowance
Interested parties please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with expected salary and available date.